Happy New Year!
As we embark on a journey into the possibilities of the coming year, let’s embrace the magic of new beginnings for our body, mind and soul with a journal you can find here. I am on a quest for self-discovery and the continuous exploration of new ways to foster personal growth and expansion. In this spirit, I’d like to extend an invitation to you to join me on a transformative journey, marked by a powerful tool that has significantly impacted my life—connecting with my Future Self.
This technique was introduced to me by a coach who guided me through a visualization process to expand my body and mind. She had me envisioning the life moments I desired, whether it was finding a life partner or writing a book. Through guided visualization, I spoke words and statements that formed the basis of a powerful affirmation, repeated daily for 40 days. The energetic shift I experienced translated into the manifestation of my desires. This transformative process has proven beneficial for others as well.
Energy of Future Self
Shortly thereafter, I delved into the power of working energetically in multiple ways. I found the profound teachings of Tom Kenyon, a renowned sound healer. His “Sphere of Possibilities” technique arrived at the perfect moment in my life, coinciding with a major transition. Like the saying goes, when the student is ready, the teacher appears.
This visualization method involves projecting oneself into the future, creating a holographic image of the future self, and connecting with a golden light—a spiritual umbilical cord. The internal shifts and daily outcomes have been remarkable, prompting Tom to encourage its use not only for personal growth but also for the betterment of humankind.
As we step into the New Year, I invite you to incorporate this empowering tool into your journey. Here’s a simple guide to get you started:
- Set an intention for what you wish to create.
- Place your awareness in your upper stomach area.
- Imagine in front of you a future self.
- Sense the stomach area of your future self, and a beam of light between the future you and the present you, stomach to stomach – naval to naval. Sense you are being filled with light from the future self to your present self.
- Allow yourself to experience the sensations in your body and mind. Stay open with no assumptions and no judgments. Let yourself be surprised.
- As you come toward closure, journal, draw, or dance about your experience.
- To contribute to humankind, set the intention for peace, directing the positive energy towards yourself and others.
For those familiar with self-spotting, feel free to incorporate this into an internal or external Brainspot.
You can find more details and guided resources from Tom Kenyon. (FN,1).
Science and the Future Self
Scientific studies affirm the impact of future-oriented self-representations on motivation and behavior. Neuroscientist Joseph Kable’s research on the default mode network sheds light on the role it plays in imagining the future. He and colleagues discovered the default mode splits into two complementary parts. One creating the future and the other assessing whether that future event is positive or negative. Kable suggests this research helps us understand imaginative abilities. (FN, 2).
While quantum physics explains the power of imagination and its influence on the physical world. From this perspective, our thoughts are electric, our emotions are magnetic, and together they create an electromagnetic field around our body. By consciously shaping our thoughts, we have the power to change our electromagnetic field, attracting a new reality. (FN, 3).
I invite you to consider the importance of three key ingredients for any change to happen with imagining possibility for yourself. These key ingredients are desire, imagination, and expectation. As you work in these realms of possibility, explore your desire to have what you long for, how strong you can imagine it and what your expectations are on receiving it. More on these elements are in the Curious Voyage. For now, I invite you to some sample exercises from Chapter Three on Desire and Intention Setting.
As we step into the New Year, let’s be clear on our desires. Feel the associated emotions, and work through any barriers to make room for the surprises that come with embracing the limitless possibilities that await us. Here’s to a year filled with joy, growth, and the magic of all possibilities!
- Kenyon, Tom, https://tomkenyon.com/the-sphere-of-all-possibilities
- Berger, M, https://penntoday.upenn.edu/news/Penn-neuroscience-research-what-happens-in-brain-future-imagining.
- Schwartzberg, C., the Curious Voyage: A Rule-breaking Guidebook to Authenticity, (2021).