Brainspotting Phase One February 6-8, 2022
February 6 - February 8| $745 – $845
Registration for this training is closed. You may register for our next training in March at this link:
Brainspotting Phase One – Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 9:00 am to 5:30 pm CENTRAL
BRAINSPOTTING: PHASE 1
Brainspotting: Phase 1
Three-day 21-hour live online training.
Brainspotting is a brain-based therapy based on the hypothesis that specific eye positions designated as “brainspots” activate and access specific areas of the midbrain that allow for the reprocessing and releasing of core neurophysiological reactions to trauma-related and other psychological experiences.
In addition, brainspotting is built on a model that emphasizes therapist-client presence and attunement in the healing process. As an open and integrative model, brainspotting is adaptable to many different areas of specialization and can be integrated with other treatment models.
In this introductory Brainspotting: Phase 1 training, participants will learn four basic brainspotting techniques. In addition, participants will receive an overview of the:
- standards of care and professional practice for brainspotting practitioners,
- research that supports the primary assumptions of brainspotting; and
- challenges of research and evidence-based treatment for conditions such as Complex PTSD
Participants of this introductory level course will be able to:
- Summarize the standards of care and professional practice of the International Brainspotting Association.
- Describe the hypothesized neurological underpinnings of how brainspotting works.
- Summarize the research that supports the hypothesized way in which eye positions activate and accesses midbrain activity.
- Explain the uncertainty principle as it relates to brainspotting.
- Describe the concepts of simultaneous neurobiological and relational attunement.
- Explain the importance of client-therapist attunement during brainspotting.
- Explain how the treatment frame is set and held by the therapist.
- Explain the role of focused mindfulness in brainspotting.
- Discuss the similarities and differences between the activation and resource models of brainspotting.
- Explain the concept of limbic countertransference.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the use of the outside window brainspotting technique.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the use of the inside window brainspotting technique.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the use of the gaze spot brainspotting technique.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the use of the resource model of brainspotting technique.
- Assess the appropriate brainspotting techniques for the treatment of Post-traumatic stress disorder, including the Dissociative Subtype, and other trauma-related symptoms.
- Describe two challenges to assessing and providing evidence-based treatment to individuals with Complex PTSD.
Who is this training for?
Trainings are open to all counselors, psychologists, social workers and others in the healing professions with strong clinical backgrounds, as well as students/interns in the mental health field who are curious and seek to expand their knowledge.
Early Registration: (Register before December 11, 2021) $745
Standard Registration: (Register before January 22, 2022) $795
Late Registration: (Register by February 6, 2022) $845
Registration Fee for Repeats and Full-Time Students only in an accredited program: $400
Register using the form below:
BY ATTENDING THIS TRAINING, I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THE TRAINING AGREEMENT AT THIS LINK.
If you do not receive a letter with details about the training upon completion of payment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When prompted to subscribe, please say yes so you will receive the needed information regarding the training. You may always unsubscribe at a later time.
- If possible, please use a personal email address instead of your work email to prevent company/organizational servers from blocking necessary correspondence.
- Please use the address you want your book and pointer mailed to and the phone number where we can reach you during the training.