Brainspotting Phase Two April 21-23, 2023
April 21, 2023 – April 23, 2023
Trainers:Christine Ranck, PhD, LCSW and Cynthia Schwartzberg, LCSW are Senior Brainspotting Trainers and Supervisors with over 30 years of experience in private practice, Christine in NYC/Murfreesboro and Cynthia in NYC/Atlanta. Close colleagues of Dr. David Grand, discoverer/developer of Brainspotting, they participate in a monthly consultation group with Dr. Grand. They specialize in working with survivors of profound trauma, and in creativity and performance enhancement for athletes, artists and performers, and are internationally known seminar leaders and speakers.
Who is this training for?This course for Psychologists, Social Workers, MFTs, Counselors, Creative Arts Therapists and Chemical Dependency Counselors. You may check if your state qualifies for CEs at this link: www.ceuregistration
- Utilize components taught in Brainspotting (Outside and Inside Window and Gazespotting)
- Utilize Dual Attunement Frame
- Demonstrate and use One-Eye Brainspotting
- Demonstrate and use 3 Dimensional Z-Axis and Convergence Therapy
- Demonstrate and use Rolling Brainspotting
- Demonstrate and use combined Inside-Outside Brainspotting
- Demonstrate and use Second Level of the Advanced Resource Model
- Review the components of Brainspotting
- Utilize the techniques of “One-Eye Brainspotting,” “Z-Axis,” “Rolling Brainspotting,” “Inside-Outside Brainspotting” and the “Advanced Resource Model of Brainspotting.”
- Define how Brainspotting can be applied to Trauma, Dissociation, Sports psychology, Somatic conditions
- Demonstrate the theories and practices of Brainspotting
Continuing Education DetailsAll participants who are present for the full length of this training will receive a Certificate of Attendance from Cynthasis after completion of the post-training evaluation. All social workers, professional counselors, and marriage therapists licensed in GA will be eligible for 21 CEs for this training at no additional cost. Also, social workers, professional counselors, and marriage therapists licensed in other states in which their licensing board allows training approved by a different state board of licensing to count toward continuing education requirements will be eligible for 21 CEs for this training at no additional cost. If you are not sure of your state board of licensing’s continuing education, you can click here to check. [You are being directed to a web page on the CEMPSYCH, LLC-the continuing education company owned by Sonya Lott, Ph.D. who is also the continuing education consultant for Brainspotting Trainings, LLC] For all other participants, you can obtain continuing education credits for this training through R. Cassidy Seminars only if you are licensed in one of the states for which R. Cassidy Seminars is an approved provider of continuing education for their specific discipline. The cost is $30. Here are the disciplines and specific states for which R. Cassidy Seminars is an approved provider of continuing education:
- psychologists licensed in NY
- psychoanalysts licensed in NY
- social workers licensed in IL, NY, & OH
- counselors/marriage and family therapists licensed in IL, NY, OH, & TX
- creative arts therapists licensed in NY
- chemical dependency Counselors licensed in CA & TX
- educators licensed in TX and
- nurses licensed in CA
Cynthasis, LLC Training Agreement
By attending this Brainspotting Training, I understand and agree to the below terms and conditions.
Confidentiality: This training is delivered using a PowerPoint presentation, live/online demonstrations, and practicums during which attendees will be working with their own personal material. All personal and clinical information is to be kept confidential and may not be shared elsewhere. Treat the personal information of others with the same respect which you would expect for yourself.
Online platform. It is understood that:
Possible Misunderstandings due to the lack of nonverbal cues normally present with in-person teaching, technology-assisted teaching is prone to possible misunderstandings and clarification will be requested when necessary.
Privacy Breaches. Technology-assisted teaching utilizes a large number of outside resources and companies (internet and software providers, public utilities, etc). All these entities are prone to their own security risks.
Competency: Treating trauma requires specific training in the nature of trauma, its effects on the brain and body, establishing and maintaining safety, and much more. This is not a course on trauma and trauma treatment, and this course does not make you a trauma therapist if you are not one already. Rather, it teaches an effective tool to add to your treatment repertoire. You are responsible for your own professional development in this area.
Responsibility. This course uses demonstrations and practicums to develop participants’ understanding of Brainspotting and its clinical applications. This course is intended for education and professional development. It is not designed or intended to be for the attendee’s personal therapy, nor for clinical supervision. If you find that you are emotionally activated during practice sessions, please do speak to a trainer or assistant, and of course, do what you need to regulate yourself. If participants need additional support or input following this course, this is not the responsibility of the trainers nor of Brainspotting Training, LLC.
Volunteers and Practicum Process. My participation in volunteering for demonstration and/or practicums is to help myself and others learn the material. I understand this is not therapy and not intended to replace therapy. As a volunteer, I agree to have others learn from my personal experience. I agree to work respectfully with my partners in the practicums.
Scope of Practice. This course is available to licensed mental health professionals who are members of a professional regulating body, and to trainees in those professions. It is your responsibility to work at all times within the scope of practice of your own discipline.
Refunds:Refunds are only given under special circumstances or in case of emergency and must be cleared by the Brainspotting Trainings organization before given. Trainers do not decide the circumstances that merit a full refund. However, if you are unable to attend, your payment can also be held and applied to the next Brainspotting training given by Cynthia Schwartzberg at any date/location that is convenient for you within one calendar year.
BY ATTENDING THIS TRAINING, I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THE TRAINING AGREEMENT AT THIS LINK.
- When prompted to subscribe, please say yes so you will receive needed information regarding the training. You may always unsubscribe at a later time.
- If possible, please use a personal email address instead of your work email to prevent company/organizational servers from blocking necessary correspondence.
- Please use the address you want your goggles mailed to and the phone number where we can reach you during the training.